Faculty Start-Up Funds
All new full-time faculty may be provided with institutional start-up funds. Funding levels are negotiated at the time of hire and are dependent on field of study, research and publication record, and projected need. Funds should be used to further a faculty member’s scholarly research, creative production, or publication record.
Professional Development Funds
All full-time tenure track faculty are provided with professional development funds through the chair or professorship which they occupy. Professional development funds may be provided to part-time faculty members from institutional funds at the discretion of the Provost. Tenure track faculty members receive a letter detailing their chair or professorship assignment along with the level of funding for professional development in addition to their annual appointment letter.
Faculty members submit their annual spending plan by completing the Faculty Professional Development Plan online. Completed plans are reviewed by the Faculty Development Committee. The Faculty Development Committee returns deficient applications to the faculty member for revision or forwards approved plans to the Provost for final authorization. Professional development funds should be used by faculty members to further their scholarly or creative performance pursuits, enhance their teaching, and/or provide expanded learning opportunities for students.
- Scholarly books, videos, etc.
- Professional conferences (including registration, travel to and from, lodging, and meals)
- Training and workshop fees
- Field Work (including travel to and from, lodging, and meals)
- Research equipment and supplies
- Professional membership fees
- Teaching resources
- Technology (<$500)
- Other Expenses Associated with Scholarship, Creative Works, or Teaching
ALLOWABLE WITH PRIOR APPROVAL
- Technology (>$500)
- Research asst. salary
- Office furniture for physical accommodations
- Moving expenses
- Meals not associated with conference or field study
- Pet boarding