Students who have attained sophomore standing may register for “Pass-Fail” courses. The usual credit will be given if the course is successfully completed, but the grade will be recorded simply as “P,” and the cumulative grade point average is not affected. However, the student must earn at least a “C” to receive the grade of “P.” If the course is not successfully completed for a “P,” the student is assigned a grade of “D” or “F,” and the cumulative grade average will reflect the “D” or “F.”

No more than twelve credit hours taken under the “Pass-Fail” system may be attempted toward graduation, exclusive of courses that are only offered “Pass-Fail”. A maximum of four credit hours may be attempted “Pass-Fail” in any one term, with the exception of courses that are only offered “Pass-Fail”. Courses may not be taken “Pass-Fail” in a student’s major or minor department except for module and internships that are approved by the department.

Students should be aware of the fact that some graduate schools when reviewing transcripts may consider a grade of “P” as equivalent to a “C” grade.

Supportive courses for a major can be taken “Pass-Fail” unless otherwise specified.

Notice of Nondiscriminatory Policy The institution does not discriminate in its educational and employment policies against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, or on any other basis proscribed by federal, state, or local law.