Our Museum Management Program prepares students with any major to connect their interests with a wide variety of institutions including science, natural history, or children's museums. Museum work ranges from exhibition design to visitor education to scholarly research to collection management. Students who complete the Museum Management Program are also poised to launch careers in arts administration, archives, private galleries, or auction houses. Students enrolled in the program forge connections through hands-on internships at local museums, including the nationally accredited Meadows Museum of Art located on Centenary's campus.
See Meadows Museum student intern take you on an inside look at the recent Meadows Holiday Market!
A student pursuing any major may complete the Museum Management Program by taking the following courses:
- ART 201: Issues in Public Art & Architecture
- ART 306: Modern & Contemporary Art
- COMM 216: Introduction to Strategic Communication
- BUS 321: Principles of Management
- MUSM 400: Museum Internship
- Supportive Requirement: two years of study in foreign language(s)