Centenary College’s top priority is the safety of students, employees, and visitors. The guidelines and procedures outlined below are designed to help all community members and visitors feel safe during their time on campus, and have been designed to align with CDC and Open Safely LA recommendations as well as best practices from a variety of peer institutions and higher education sources. These guidelines and procedures will evolve to meet changing circumstances and continually improve as we gain more knowledge and receive updated expert guidance.
Please familiarize yourself with all of the safety information and guidelines on this page, especially the following:
- In accordance with the indoor mask mandate announced by Louisiana governor John Bel Edwards on August 2, 2021, masks are required for all students, faculty, staff, and visitors in indoor settings, regardless of vaccination status.
- If you experience COVID-19 symptoms at home, inform your supervisor and do not come to campus. If you experience COVID-19 symptoms at work, inform your supervisor and leave campus as soon as possible. Read the COVID-19 FAQs for more details about workplace health and safety for Centenary employees.
- If you are awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test, remain at home and do not come to campus until you are cleared by a medical professional. Read the COVID-19 FAQs for more details about testing and quarantine requirements.
- In the event of close contact:
- Vaccinated: will not have to quarantine and does not have to get tested unless they develop symptoms
- Unvaccinated: will have to quarantine for either 10 or 14 days
Information current from August 20, 2021.