Centenary College’s top priority is the safety of students, employees, and visitors. The guidelines and procedures outlined below are designed to help all community members and visitors feel safe during their time on campus, and have been designed to align with CDC and Open Safely LA recommendations as well as best practices from a variety of peer institutions and higher education sources. These guidelines and procedures will evolve to meet changing circumstances and continually improve as we gain more knowledge and receive updated expert guidance.
The health and safety of our faculty, students and staff remains our top priority. We continue to encourage everyone to maintain healthy habits that stop the spread of any virus including handwashing, covering your cough or sneeze, not touching your face, and, most importantly, staying home when you are sick, even if you are fully vaccinated.
Please familiarize yourself with all of the safety information and guidelines on this page, especially the following:
- As the CDC prepares to end the Covid-19 public health emergency, Centenary strongly recommends the vaccine to students, however, it will no longer be included in the list of required vaccinations. See Vaccination requirements for instructions.
- If you experience COVID-19 symptoms at home, inform your supervisor and do not come to campus. If you experience COVID-19 symptoms at work, inform your supervisor, leave campus, and get tested immediately. Follow the instructions in the Isolation and Precautions for People with Covid-19 section of the CDC website for guidance
- If you are awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test, remain at home and do not come to campus until you are cleared by a medical professional. Follow the steps listed on the CDC information link above.
- In the event of close contact/exposure, follow the steps listed in the What to Do If You Were exposed section of the CDC website.
As of May 9, 2022, Centenary College of Louisiana no longer requires weekly testing for unvaccinated faculty, students, and staff. Unvaccinated individuals remain at higher risk for severe illness related to COVID-19 and should consider getting vaccinated to protect themselves and others at risk for severe illness.
We will continue to adjust policies as the situation warrants, but as of August 1, 2022, the following policies have been adopted:
- Individuals are welcome to mask at any campus meeting or event, as needed or desired.
- Masks are not required campus-wide.
- Masks may be required in classrooms, offices, or personal residence hall rooms, or at campus events.
- Faculty may require masks to be worn in their classrooms and lab spaces. Faculty are asked to provide notice in writing via syllabi, Canvas, or email of mask requirements.
- Event organizers may require masks at specific events. Notice of any mask requirement should be communicated in advance.
- Individuals may require visitors to wear masks in their offices or other private spaces. Individuals in shared office spaces should coordinate within the unit in consultation with their supervisor.
All members of the Centenary community are expected to comply respectfully with requests or requirements to wear masks.
COVID-19 Vaccination: Consistent with overall vaccine policy, students must present proof of vaccination or submit a waiver request. Questions related to the COVID-19 vaccine update should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.