Qualified Department Chairs are appointed for each academic department at Centenary College. These faculty members oversee, coordinate, and lead multiple components of the academic program to ensure success including budget, course scheduling, personnel, and assessment.
The Faculty Handbook, Section 9 outlines the duties of Department Chairs.
Frequently Used Forms for the Provost's Office includes budget and personnel forms.
Important due dates for Department Chairs:
- October 15: Program Reports are due
- November 1: Sabbatical proposals, including Department Chair recommendation, are due
- First working day in December: Third-Year Review Materials are due
- February 1: Department Chair evaluation letters are due for Chaired faculty in the department undergoing review
- February 1: Department Chair evaluation letters are due for faculty in the department undergoing Post-Tenure review
- March: Catalogue revisions should be submitted to the Provost's Office