The Frost School of Business offers a bachelor of science in administration with a choice of concentrations: accounting, finance, or management. We also offer the traditional liberal arts bachelor of arts in economics. To ensure a firm conceptual and quantitative foundation, all majors complete classes in basic economic principles, accounting, statistics, finance, management, and marketing. This blend of courses is important because our graduates are likely to be involved as team members in all phases of a business operation.
- Intimate classrooms, wired with the latest technology, and easy access to faculty, create a learning environment that is individualized and interactive.
- Students often present collaborative research at professional meetings, and many times, these presentations lead to publication in a professional journal.
- Faculty members use a variety of instructional techniques best suited to course objectives and optimal learning, including cases, lectures, simulations, team projects, student presentations, plant visits, and classroom visits by business leaders.
- Our graduates have interned at businesses and organizations such as Nike, Louisiana Gas Development Corporation, Merrill Lynch, the Houston Astros, Phillips Energy Partners, Chase, and KPMG.
- Business administration majors engage in a project to manage a real investment fund, the Frost School of Business’s Student Managed Investment Fund (SMIF), that holds over $120,000. Students have consistently outperformed their growth benchmarks.