Determining Eligibility

An undergraduate or graduate student is eligible:

  • is otherwise qualified for the program(s)
  • is a person with a disability
  • has identified himself/herself to the college through Disability Services (DS), and
  • has presented appropriate documentation regarding the disability to the college as required by DS (see documentation requirements) and requires accommodation(s).

NOTE: Accommodations are effective after the documentation has been reviewed and approved and the student has completed the DS registration process. Accommodations are not retroactive. Also, documentation required by DS may not be sufficient at other universities or testing agencies.


View the Eligibility Checklist. (PDF)
Guidelines for Documentation of a Disability (PDF)



To request an appointment, please complete the Disability Services Request Form.

An Open Letter to Parents of Students with Disabilities About to Enter College - Jane Jarrow, Ph.D., national expert on disabilities


Steps for Current Students

Current/registered students are those who have completed the registration process for the DS office and have received accommodation at Centenary in previous semesters. Students registered with the office must request accommodations each semester.

To request academic accommodations for a new semester, students should either:

1. Print and complete the Request for Academic Notification Form and bring it to the Disability Services office (Rotary Hall, lower level)

2. Save the Request for Academic Notification Form and email it to Ed Ragan.

3. Send an email to Ed Ragan requesting accommodations for the current semester. Be sure to include the following information:

  • Class title and number (for example, SOC 101)
  • Name of faculty member teaching each class
  • Any additional information you feel is important

You will be copied on an email sent to your professors outlining your accommodations.

Notice of Nondiscriminatory Policy The institution does not discriminate in its educational and employment policies against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, or on any other basis proscribed by federal, state, or local law.