Centenary College Academic Research Conference
Wednesday, April 14 and Thursday, April 15, 2021
Each year Centenary students and faculty present their best works of exploration and invention at our annual Research Conference. A community event for over 20 years, the Research Conference is modeled on long-standing academic traditions of conference-based information sharing and feedback.
The 2021 Research Conference is sponsored by the Douglas F. and Marion S. Attaway Foundation, and is made possible with the support of Centenary’s Convocation Committee, the Office of the Provost, and the Student Government Association.
This year’s Research Conference was organized by Dr. Scott Chirhart (Biology), Dr. Jeanne Hamming (English), Dr. Cory Wikan (Music), Dr. Jessica Alexander (Psychology), and Logan Sledge (Theatre). Wednesday’s kickoff event, screening of the documentary, Picture a Scientist and a “Women in Science” panel discussion was organized by Anna Leal (Biology). This event takes place on Wednesday, April 14 at 7-8pm. Special thanks to Jeremy Johnson for his graphic design skills and to Patty Roberts and Connie Whittington for their support.
Generous thanks to our judges:
- Trek Presentations: Anna Leal, Ed Ragan, and Kennedy Wilcher
- Poster Presentations: Joshua Lawrence, Skippy Jennings, and Jeffery Evans
- Humanities Oral Presentations: David Cowles and Lisa Nicoletti
- Social Science Oral Presentations: Chad Fulwider and Loren Demerath
- Natural Science Oral Presentations: Rebecca Murphy, Jarret Richardson, and Jeffrey Evans
- Visual and Performing Arts: Emily Feazel (Designer of Exhibits and Special Events, RW Norton Art Gallery) and Kelly McDade (Artist and Art Professor, BPCC); Theatre: Seth Taylor and Jared Watson; Music: Crozet Duplantier and Rebekah Burcham
- Creative Writing: Jeanne Hamming, Ashley Havird, David Havird, Jeff Hendricks, Shannon Palmer, Ashley Rulo, and Steve Shelburne
- Website and online program updates: Candace Metoyer
Winners from this year’s Research Conference will be presented with awards at the Annual Honors Convocation, Friday, May 7 at 5:15pm in the Gold Dome.