For all of your "Will this transfer?" questions!

Centenary policy requires that of the 124 minimum required semester credit hours for a degree, at least 60 hours must be earned in residence at Centenary. Therefore, regardless of the number of transferable credits completed elsewhere, to receive a Centenary degree, you will need to earn at least 60 credit hours in residence at Centenary. All students must also complete the Core and TREK Education requirements to earn an undergraduate degree from the Centenary College. These requirements are listed in the College Catalogue.

Official college transcripts are required for ALL college-level work attempted, regardless of transferability.

In order for Centenary College to accept credit, the institution must be accredited through one of the following accreditation bodies:


Centenary College accepts all courses from a regionally-accredited institution that meet the following criteria:

  • College level (100 level or above)

  • Academic in nature (Not vocational or technical courses)

  • Classroom-based courses (Not Correspondence or by challenge exam)

  • Grade of C- or above

  • Liberal Arts based courses

  • Have a Centenary College equivalent *

*for courses not taught at Centenary College, free-elective transfer credit may be awarded for appropriate courses completed with a grade of C-minus or better at regionally accredited colleges or universities that meet Centenary College’ academic standards. Transferable courses for which there is no exact Centenary College equivalent are given the course number of 295 or 296.

To see if a course you want to take at another school will transfer to Centenary, please submit the Approval For Transfer Course Equivalencies for Currently Enrolled Students form.


Bossier Parish Community College and Centenary Agreement

This agreement confirms that all credit hours completed for an Associate of Arts in Business, Fine Arts, Humanities, Mass Communication, or Social Sciences as well as an Associate of Science in Biological Sciences or Physical Sciences at BPCC for which the student has scored a C or better will transfer to Centenary College under Centenary’s transfer processes and policies and be applied toward the total number of credit hours needed for graduation. In some instances, the credits may also be applied toward course requirements as relevant to a chosen degree. Read the full agreement here



To see a list of course equivalencies from a particular institution, click the links below

Note: Evaluations of courses not included on these lists may be done by request. Please contact the Registrar's Office for assistance.



Notice of Nondiscriminatory Policy The institution does not discriminate in its educational and employment policies against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, or on any other basis proscribed by federal, state, or local law.