United Methodist Scholarship Resources
United Methodist Higher Education Foundation
The UMHEF General Named Endowed Scholarship program includes awards from named scholarship funds established by various donors. Some funds require applicants to meet additional eligibility criteria (i.e., resident of specific conference, majoring in specified field, etc.). You will be considered for only one award from UMHEF funds during an academic year.
-Submission Dates: January 1 – March 1
-Scholarship Amount: Varies
- This program involves matching support from a student’s church, UMHEF, participating United Methodist-related schools, and participating UMC conference foundations.
General Board of Higher Ed & Ministry
- GBHEM’s Office of Loans and Scholarships provides millions of dollars in scholarships to students every year.
- Submission Dates: Mid December – Mid March
- All applicants for the Daughenbaugh-Matheny Scholarships must be residents of Louisiana, current members of a Louisiana United Methodist Church and attending or planning to attend one of Louisiana’s two Methodist institutions of higher learning, Centenary College or Dillard University. Candidacy for the award is open to high school seniors and college students who have at least a 2.5 grade point average.
- A completed application form, accompanied by a letter of recommendation from a school principal, teacher, or guidance counselor, and church pastor must be received by April 1.
Minister Dependents (Centenary institutional aid)
- Students who have a parent actively serving as an ordained United Methodist minister qualify for this award.