What is Work-Study?

Work study is a need-based federal employment program that helps students pay for educational and personal expenses and also provides future job references and resume material.

The FAFSA is used to determine eligibility, and Work-Study positions are generally assigned at the beginning of each academic year. Work-Study awards usually range from $2,000-$2,500, and student employees may not earn more than the total work-study award listed on their financial aid award letter.

Schedules & Wages

The supervisor and the student will arrange a mutually acceptable working schedule that accommodates departmental needs and the student's academic and extracurricular commitments. Most students are scheduled for 9-12 hours per week.

Work-Study students are eligible to work during the official school term. They are not eligible to work before the term begins or after the term ends, but may work during official breaks in the Fall and Spring semesters.

The current pay rate is $7.25 per hour for Work-Study students. No student will be paid for hours not worked.

How to apply

To be considered for the Federal Work-Study Program, students should:

  • File the FAFSA
  • Indicate on the FAFSA that you are interested in Work-Study


Federal Work Study Application

Institutional Work Program

Students who are not eligible for Federal Work-Study may request to be placed on the Institutional Work Program waiting list for other campus positions. This program has a very limited budget, but if a position becomes available, the Office of Financial Aid will contact the student.

Community Job Board

Centenary's Office of Professional Success maintains a job board for full and part-time jobs and internships available in the community.


CAREERLink is Centenary's job posting board for Work-Study students. Create an account to search and apply for campus job opportunities.

Contact Info

Office of Financial Aid

2911 Centenary Boulevard, Shreveport, LA 71104