THE LATEST: Stay updated on Centenary's COVID-19 response. Learn More.

Mission Statement
It is our mission to support and advise students in understanding their financial obligations to Centenary College by employing patience and effective communication. The Business Office is dedicated to the development, education, and success of our students by:

• Providing exceptional service
• Maintaining accuracy of accounts
• Being responsive to their needs
• Encouraging their development into financially responsible adults

It is our pledge to serve with respect, honesty, and compassion in a professional and individualized manner.

The Business Office is responsible for the invoicing and collection of the following:

• Tuition
• Room/board
• Mandatory fees
• Parking tickets
• Other miscellaneous charges on a student's account

We provide excellent customer service, account analysis, assistance in resolving difficulties with invoicing issues, and facilitate financial arrangements for students, parents and guardians. Our office also holds the notes on Perkins Loans during the repayment period.


Academic Catalogues

MBA Catalogues

Graduate (M.A.T) Catalogues

Undergraduate Catalogues


Through the online bookstore, Centenary College allows students to use excess financial aid to purchase textbooks. Students will be notified if they are eligible to purchase books with student account credit balances via their Centenary student email accounts.

To view costs for Centenary College of Louisiana visit the costs webpage.

Credit Balance
A credit balance in a student’s account will be refunded when a written request is submitted to the Business Office. Refunds will be made in the form of a refund check. Also note that, with the exception of Parent/PLUS loan, any credit balance will be refunded to the student regardless of who remitted the payment to the student account (e.g., parent, grandparent). If a Parent PLUS Loan overpays a student’s account and a refund is requested, the refund check will be issued on the Parent PLUS Loan borrower’s name unless the borrower requests otherwise.

Dropping Courses
Non-attendance of class does not constitute a drop. There will be no tuition or fee adjustments for dropping courses after the 7th day of classes while the student continues in other courses. The standing drop and add dates are waived for students studying overseas in a program administered by the College. Students should be aware, however, that they will be responsible for additional tuition charges should they be incurred by a late add and, further, that a late drop will not receive a tuition refund.

Faculty and Staff Meal Plans
Looking for a convenient lunch destination close to work that serves delectable food? Look no further! Centenary College Campus Dining offers fabulous cuisine for an excellent value to our faculty and staff. Network with coworkers, meet students and build community with us! Campus dining isn’t just for students. The dining hall also offers convenient, affordable and healthy meals for employees. If you are interested in a meal plan, please complete the Faculty/Staff Meal Plan Form and return it the Business Office.

Financial Petition
Students requesting an exception to or waiver of financial regulations should complete a Financial Petition form. See the Business Office for financial petition forms and for information on what issues may or may not be petitioned

Access to Web registration can be prevented by holds. Log in to BannerWeb to address their holds. To avoid incurring a late-payment fee, a hold on a student account, and delays in housing, registration, and other areas, individuals are urged to pay fees when due.

Failure to make satisfactory financial arrangements can result in a hold on a student account, which can result in delay of graduation, denial of registration privileges, removal from class, and/or the withholding of transcripts.

Please contact the appropriate office with questions about holds.

Miscellaneous Receipts
Departments handling cash are responsible for the safekeeping of the College assets. Physical security should be emphasized to every employee involved in cash handling. If a safe location is not available within the department, the cash and receipt should be brought to the Business Office on campus for safekeeping. All cash/check receipts must be attached to a Miscellaneous Cash Receipt form and submitted to the Business Office in a timely manner. The total on the miscellaneous deposit form should agree with the total of each payment type.

Online Tuition Payment 

Online Tuition Service will allow you to: 

  • Make online payment using credit card, debit card or checking/saving account
  • Save payment information for future use
  • View student account balance and recent activities
  • Enroll in a monthly payment plan to more easily manage monthly payments
    Add an authorized user who can view your account and make payment

Payment Plans

Centenary College offers interest-free Tuition Payment Plans which helps break down your balance into monthly payments.

With our enhanced billing system, you can directly access your account information, enroll in a payment plan and make one-time payments Here. Your account will be updated in “real time” to reflect charges, credits and payments.

As your bill changes, your monthly payment is automatically adjusted. Your monthly payment amount will calculate daily based on your current charges less pending credits — including loans, financial aid and other resources. 

Perkins Loans In Repayment
Centenary College holds the note on our students' Perkins/NDSL Loans. Perkins Loans are serviced by UNISA, Inc , an outside billing company. Loan recipients will receive invoices from them, not the Centenary College.

Please contact UNISA with any questions concerning your rights and responsibilities:


7400 East Arapahoe Road
Suite 10
Englewood, CO 80112-1279
(800) 875-8910
(303) 221-5626

Click Here for Borrower Information

Graduate(M.A.T) Refund and Withdrawal Policy

Official withdrawal occurs on the date the candidate receives approval from the Provost and Dean of the College; all refunds are based on that date, regardless of the date of last attendance. Withdrawal forms are available in the Department of Education and should be completed and then submitted to the administrative assistant in the department and online.

Fall and spring semester tuition and refundable fees are refunded in full, if the candidate withdraws on or before the seventh day of classes after registration. A service fee of $25 will be charged for withdrawal, even if the candidate does not attend class. After the fifth day, the following policy applies:

  1. All fees are charged.
  2. Between the eighth day of classes and the third Friday after classes begin, three-fourths of the tuition is refunded.
  3. Between the third Friday and the fourth Friday after classes begin, one-half of the tuition is refunded.
  4. After the fourth Friday after classes begin, no refunds are given.
  5. No refunds are given for the three-week summer courses after the first three days of classes.             

MBA Refund and Withdrawal Policy

MBA students are not charged a fee for dropping classes. During the first two weeks of a module, courses may be dropped without penalty by calling the MBA coordinator at 318.869.5141 and notifying the professor. After the first two weeks, classes may be dropped only by sending the dean a written letter of request to drop. The student who drops a class after the first two-week grace period will be required to pay full tuition cost.

Undergraduate Refund Policy 

Return of Title IV Funds

  ***2018 FORM 1098-T REPORTING CHANGE***

In previous years, your 1098-T included a figure in Box 2 that represented the qualified tuition and related expenses (QTRE) we billed to your student account for the calendar (tax) year. Due to a change to institutional reporting requirements under federal law, beginning with tax year 2018, we will report in Box 1 the amount of QTRE you paid during the year.

The IRS is changing the reporting requirements for the 2018 tax year, therefore loans may be reported. For the purposes of tax reporting, if the loan proceeds were credited to the student’s account then they are assumed to pay QTRE first.  Under the rules, you may assume that all payments received go first toward QTRE, and then to nonqualified expenses such as room and board.

Depending on your income (or your family’s income, if you are a dependent), whether you were considered full or half-time enrolled, and the amount of your qualified educational expenses for the year, you may be eligible for a federal education tax credit. (You can find detailed information about claiming education tax credits in IRS Publication 970, page 9.)

The dollar amounts reported on your Form 1098-T may assist you in completing IRS Form 8863 – the form used for calculating the education tax credits that a taxpayer may claim as part of your tax return.

1098-T Information Reported

Purpose of the Form 1098-T

The IRS requires the College to issue Form 1098-T, “Tuition Payments Statement,” to each student. Form 1098-T is an information tax document to aid taxpayers in determining whether they are eligible to claim a tax deduction or one of the education tax credits on their federal income tax return. Form 1098-T is NOT to be filed with a tax return. Its purpose is not to report scholarship income to the IRS. It is for informational purposes only.

The dollar amounts reported on your Form 1098-T may assist you in completing IRS Form 8863 – the form used for calculating the education tax credits that a taxpayer may claim as part of your tax return.
If you qualify for an educational credit, you should use your personal records and student account activity statements to determine the amounts that you actually paid toward the charges reported on the 1098-T.





Centenary College of Louisiana is unable to provide you with individual tax advice, but should you have questions, you should seek the counsel of an informed tax preparer or adviser.

Statement of Student Responsibility
Students who register at Centenary College of Louisiana:

• Assume responsibility of full payment for tuition and fees generated from that registration
• Assume full responsibility of all room, board, and miscellaneous charges, if applicable
• Must keep a current mailing address for billing purposes on file at the Student Accounts Office. Failure to receive a bill because of an incorrect address does not relieve responsibility of timely payments.

Failure to make satisfactory financial arrangements can result in delay of graduation, denial of registration privileges, removal from classes, withholding of transcripts, and/or referral to a collection agency.

Students whose accounts are referred to a collection agency will be liable for all collection costs, including attorney fees and other charges necessary for collection of this debt. Accounts referred to collections are reported to the credit bureau(s).

By registering for classes, students acknowledge receipt of this information and their acceptance of the associated responsibilities.

Undergraduate Withdrawal Policy

Contact Info

Shari Favors

Financial Clerk

Notice of Nondiscriminatory Policy As To Students The institution does not discriminate in its educational and employment policies against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, or on any other basis proscribed by federal, state, or local law.