Overview of Employee Benefits Programs
- Employee Benefits Renewal Highlights for Plan Year 2023
- Employee Benefits Renewal Highlights for Plan Year 2022
- Employee Benefits Renewal Highlights for Plan Year 2021
All items in red are hyperlinks directing you to more information
Eligibility for benefits
Full-time employees are eligible to be covered under our group benefit plans as shown below. Coverage will be effective on the first day of the month following your date of hire.
Centenary College of Louisiana benefits coverage will be extended to same sex and opposite-sex domestic partners of our full-time faculty and staff. Benefits for domestic partners will be administered in the same manner, as possible, to the benefits for legally married couples. To establish the eligibility for benefits please contact the Human Resource office.
Voluntary Benefits with Employer Contribution
Medical Insurance Information - EBMS
- Summary Plan Description
- 2023 Summary of Benefits Coverage - PPO
- 2023 Summary of Benefits Coverage - HDHP
- How to locate a provider/physician/lab in the CIGNA network
- Insurance Terms FAQ – Premium, Deductibles, Copay, Coinsurance, Out-of-Pocket Maximum
- EBMS registrations - provides enrolled members and their dependents with access to benefits and claims information, 24/7 from the convenience of their home or office
- EMBS- FAQ
Prescription Insurance Information – Veracity-Rx
(All employees that enroll in the medical plan are automatically covered in the prescription plan)
As you probably know, prescription drug costs are unpredictable, and costs are rapidly rising each year. The goal is to have your best interests in mind by providing the best coverage at an affordable rate. Veracity-Rx is here to help make each step of your healthcare experience easier.
Please register for your member portal access: at https://veracity.procarerx.com which will allow you to:
- Access and/or restrict profile viewing by other family members
- Review prescription claims history or individual prescriptions
- Look up a drug to identify formulary status and preferred alternatives
- Locate pharmacies within a zip code, state, city, or county
Click here to learn more about your prescription Rx plan; which pharmacies are preferred and to learn about the Specialty and International Drug programs.
2023 Dental and Vision Benefits Information - Mutual of Omaha
- 2023 Mutual of Omaha Benefit Guide
- Dental Benefit Summary
- Vision Benefit Summary
Machine Readable File
Transparency in Coverage
The Department of Labor (DOL), Health and Human Services (HHS), and Treasury published the “Transparency in Coverage” rule, imposing new requirements on group health plans and health insurers in the individual and group markets to disclose cost-sharing information, in-network provider negotiated rates, historical out-of-network network allowed amounts, and drug pricing information. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data.
Under this rule, the College is required to provide a member-facing price comparison tool and post publicly-available machine-readable files. The data in the files below will be updated monthly.
Employer Paid Insurance
2023 Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
Short Term Disability Insurance
2023 Long Term Disability Insurance
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Centenary College of Louisiana cares about the mental health and wellness of its employees. Mental health and wellness encompass emotional, behavioral, and cognitive well-being. It can positively or negatively affect our physical health, relationships, and daily lives. Addressing mental health and wellness allows each of us to reach our full potential.
When life gets tough, it’s helpful to have someone in your corner to listen, offer advice and point you in the right direction for additional help. That’s what you get from our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) that offers confidential counseling when you need it most. Click here to learn more about the EAP services at Centenary College.
2023 Voluntary Benefits (100% Employee Paid)
- Life/Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Critical Illness
- Evidence of Insurability form available online at www.mutualofomaha.com/eoi
- How to submit FSA Claim Form
- Dependent Care FSA Claim Form
- Medical Claim Form
- FSA Handbook
- FSA and HSA – website registration and claim instructions
- HSA and FSA - FAQ
- HSA vs. FSA Differences and How to Choose
- Dependent Care FAQs
Health Savings Account
Retirement Benefits Program Information and Enrollment Forms for Employees
- Retirement Program - 403(b) Defined Contribution Plan
- 403(B) DC Plan Summary of plan provisions
- What is a 403b and what do I do with my 403b when my employment ends
Have questions or need assistance with your retirement account, please call the TIAA National Contact Center (NCC) at 1-800-842-2252 Monday-Friday 8:00 AM-10:00 PM EST if they need any assistance with their retirement plan.
Would you like to set up a virtual 1:1 consultation with a TIAA Virtual Financial Consultant? If so, please call 1-800-732-8353 (Monday-Friday 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM EST).
Beneficiary Change instructions
Making a point to update beneficiary information on file is extremely important. Be sure your beneficiary information is up-to-date to ensure your wishes are fulfilled. Both your Life insurance and TIAA retirement benefits provide for beneficiaries in the event of an employee death, so it is crucial that the information remain up-to-date. Please click here to learn how to review/update your TIAA beneficiary information. Please also log into eSelfServe and select the Benefit tab to review/add beneficiary information.
We know that not everyone has a relationship with a doctor who can provide advice on the spot.
Here are some tips on what you can do:
- If you are a member of Centenary’s health plan you are probably aware that you have access to Telemedicine through Lyric. You can go online or call and talk to a real doctor 24/7, from anywhere in the United States. Start by completing registration at Lyric.
This service is not just for suspected Covid-19 infections and applies to any non-life-threatening health issue for you or your family members.
At Centenary, we take well-being seriously. In addition to providing an exceptional private liberal arts educational experience, we want to help you build important life skills that will help you deal with the demands and challenges of everyday life.
Information about your right to COBRA continuation coverage, which is a temporary extension of insurance coverage under the Plan when it would otherwise end because of a life or career event.
While on approved leave without pay, you must take action in order to continue your benefits under COBRA. Your benefits deductions are normally taken out of your paychecks, but while you are on a leave without pay. The link above explains the impact to your benefits while you are on leave without pay.
Certain events in your life can affect your benefits coverage and tax status. If you experience a qualifying life event, you may make changes to some of your benefits within 30 days of the event. Any changes you make must be consistent with your qualifying event, must be permitted by plan rules, and must be requested within 30 days of the event.
Qualifying life events include:
- Marriage or divorce
- Birth, adoption, or placement of a child for adoption,
- Death of spouse or covered dependent,
- Loss of eligibility for insurance coverage for employee or a covered dependent
- Gain of eligibility for insurance coverage for employee or a covered dependent
- Change in spouse's employment status which results in a loss or gain of insurance coverage
If you experience qualifying life event, you have 30 days from the date of the event to contact Human Resources to request changes to your benefits.
To request benefit election changes due to a qualifying life event you must complete and submit the QLE form.
Retirement decisions are among the most important you will ever make. This Ready to Retire Guide will help answer some common questions.
If you or your spouse will be 65 or older when you retire, Medicare will play an important role in your health insurance coverage. This guide will help answer some common questions.