Congratulations on becoming a new employee of Centenary College!

Welcome to Centenary College of Louisiana! We are so glad to have you as part of our Centenary community and appreciate your willingness to work for such a great establishment.

As a new hire, the first step to formalizing your employment is to successfully pass a background check. Upon selection for the position, you will be emailed a background authorization form via DocuSign to begin the process.

Once your background check has been processed and is clear, you will receive an additional email via DocuSign containing several new hire documents for you to complete. As a best practice, we would encourage you to complete all of these forms in advance of your first day of work. Failure to timely complete this required paperwork will delay your start date.

Click here to learn more about the forms you are required to complete as a new employee of Centenary College of Louisiana.

Social Security Number and Working on Campus

A Social Security Number (SSN) is required for everyone who works in the U.S. It is a unique, nine-digit identification number valid for life, and is issued by the Social Security Administration (SSA) to maintain an accurate record of wages. Its primary purpose is to track individuals for tax purposes; it is not a work permit in and of itself.

All employees of Centenary College must have a valid Social Security number for tax purposes. International students may begin working and be paid while their application for a Social Security number is being processed. You have 30 days after you start working to secure an appointment. Once you receive your Social Security Card in the mail, you must bring it to the Office of Human Resources at your earliest convenience. If you do not apply or provide the SSN card in a timely manner, your student employment may be terminated.

To obtain a Social Security card, you will need to contact the Social Security Administration (SSA) to apply for a Social Security Number. Please use the Social Security Office Locator to determine the most convenient SSA office location.

The SSA will issue you an official receipt confirming the application for a SSN. Your SSN card generally arrives in the mail within a few weeks and must be presented to Human Resources as soon as it arrives.

Click here to learn what documents you will need to bring with you to the SSA office to get an SSN card.

I-9 at Centenary College of Louisiana

For New Employees

As you begin any form of employment with Centenary College, federal law requires that you complete an I-9 form to confirm your eligibility to work. You must be prepared to present ORIGINAL and unexpired documentation, that establishes your identity and employment eligibility, to the Office of Human Resources on or before your first day of employment. Please refer to the list of acceptable documents. Photocopies will not be accepted.

Please be aware that under federal regulations, employees cannot be allowed to work if they have not successfully completed an I-9 within three business days following the first day of employment. I-9 requirements may be completed prior to your employment. Section 1 of the I-9 Form must be completed no later than the first day of employment.

More information about the I-9 form is available on the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services website at

Here are some Frequently Asked Questions about the I-9 process.

Vehicle Registration

All employees who operate vehicles on campus must register their vehicles with DPS and properly affix an official college vehicle hang-tag to the vehicle rear view mirror within 24 hours of receiving a permit.

A vehicle registration permit authorizes persons to park in the zones to which they are entitled only if space is available. A parking space is not guaranteed in those zones.

If you lose your permit, require a disability permit for campus use, or require assistance in completing the online vehicle registration process please email

Click HERE to register your vehicle. Parking permits will be sent to Campus Mailboxes or Departments. 

Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)

Employees who have been employed with Centenary College of Louisiana for at least a year, and who have worked at least 1,250 hours during that year, are covered by the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA). Under FMLA, the Collegeis required to provide up to twelve weeks of unpaid, job-protected leave to eligible employees for certain family and medical reasons.

Tuition Remission/Exchange

All full-time employees and part-time employees who works at least 20 hours per week and at least 9 months in an academic year are eligible for tuition exemption. Conditions apply. Please see the Tuition Remission Program page.

Please contact the Financial Aid Office at 318-8695137 for more information.


IT Services

  • Click HERE to Familiarize your self with Centenary's IT services, resources and support!

Discover Centenary community news and events

  • Click HERE to subscribe to The Weekly email newsletter updating the Centenary community on news, events, and alumni updates. 

Bookmark These Helpful Pages


Shreveport Resource Guide

We value you as part of our community and want to make your transition to our local area as smooth as possible. This list includes resources for things to do, housing, childcare, schools, shopping, and more!
Notice of Nondiscriminatory Policy The institution does not discriminate in its educational and employment policies against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, or on any other basis proscribed by federal, state, or local law.